Advertisement No. LSRB/2023/Consultant-01 for Engagement of Retired Government officials as Consultant on contract basis
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
DEFENCE RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION
LSRB, DRDO HQ ANNEXE
Engagement of Retired Government Officials as ‘Consultants’ on Contract Basis in LSRB
DRDO New Delhi inviting Applications Thereof: Regarding
DRDO invites applications for retired officials from Central Government / State Government
PSU / Autonomous Bodies having considerable experience of Functioning of Central Government
Ministries / Departments for engagement as Consultants on short term contract basis as per Post
Specific Terms of Reference (TOR). The relevant details and eligibility criteria are given below:
Post Code:- 2022/LSRB/121
Category:- Administrative/ Secretarial Work
- General Terms & Conditions: –
a) Officers/Officials as per TOR of relevant post Code above and who have retired (in respective
Pay Level) From Central/State Govt., PSUs, Autonomous bodies, Govt. R&D Organization
possessing practical knowledge and experience in the field for which he/she is applying.
b) Persons possessing experience of having worked with DRDO would be accorded preference
c) He/she should have effective communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
with a strong flair for in-depth examination of his/her areas of work.
d) To have practical knowledge and experience of handling Accounts/financial matters/
documents of R&D Projects.
2.2 Age Limit: – The maximum age limit for all categories of retired employees for applying will
be 63 years as on closing date of application.
2.3 Remuneration & Allowances:
a) Remuneration and conveyance allowance for Pensioners: A fixed monthly amount shall be
admissible, arrived at by deducting the basic pension from the pay drawn at the time of
retirement. The amount so fixed shall remain unchanged for the term of the contract. There
will be no annual increment percentage increase during the contract period. A fixed monthly
- amount as conveyance allowance for the purpose of commuting between the residence and
- the place of work shall also be allowed as mentioned below:
- @ Rs. 3000/- up to pay level 11
- @ Rs. 5000/- for pay level from level 12 to 14 and above
- b) Remuneration and conveyance allowance for Non-Pensioners: Maximum consolidated
- monthly remuneration and conveyance allowance shall be as under:
Pay scales of Employees retired from PSUs – Rs. 60,000/- to 1,80,000
Equivalent Pay scales of 7 th CPC – Level – 9/10
Remuneration (max.) – Rs. 40,000/-
Conveyance Allowance – Rs. 3000/-
c) Allowances: – Consultants shall not be entitled to any kind of allowance/ benefit such as
Dearness Allowance, Transport Facility, Residential Accommodation, Personal Staff, CGHS,
Medical reimbursement etc. However, should they require to travel inside the country in
connection with the official work of the organization, he/ she would be entitled to TA/ DA at
the rate commensurate with his/her Grade Pay / Pay Level (as may be applicable) from
which he/she retired.
d) Drawl of Pension: A retired Govt. official appointed as a Consultant shall continue to draw
pension and the dearness relief on pension during the period of his engagement as a
Consultant, if eligible. His / Her engagement as Consultant shall not be construed as a case of
Terms and Conditions
For Engagement as Consultant in the Labs/Estts/ Units of DRDO
- The consultant shall perform the services as per Terms of Reference and the task / jobs assigned
to him / her by the Director of the concerned Lab / Estt / Unit, where he/she is engaged.
- The working hours would be that of the working hours of the Lab /Estt / Unit where he/ she is
- Under special circumstances, the Consultant could be called for services on holidays or beyond
normal working hours for which no other benefits/ leave will be granted
- The consultancy will start for a period of one year from the date he/she enter in to the Contract
Agreement with DRDO.
- The consultant shall be paid remuneration and conveyance allowance as per the Para 6 of Govt.
of India letter dated 06/07/2022, subject to the ceiling that remuneration plus pension drawn
by the consultant shall not be more than the last pay drawn by him at the current rate of DA.
Mandatory deduction, if any, will be made. The remuneration for services rendered in a month
shall be payable in subsequent month.
- Secretary DD(R&D) shall have the right to examine / review / terminate the consultancy services
provided by him/ her at any time
- The consultant shall perform his/ her obligations under his/ her consultancy with all necessary
skills, diligence, efficiency and economy.
- The consultant shall meet high standard for ethics and integrity under the agreement of
- No other facility whatsoever except remuneration and conveyance allowance shall be provided
to him/ her by DRDO in his/her capacity as Consultant
- The Department shall not be responsible for any loss, accident, damages / injury suffered by
him / her whatsoever arising in or out of the execution of his/her work, including travel.
- Consultants shall abide with Contract Agreement. Non-Disclosure Agreement, General conduct
Rules. Information Security Act and other restrictions as applicable to Govt employees.
- Paid leave of absence may be allowed at the rate of 1.5 days for each completed month of
service. Accumulation of leave beyond a calendar year may not be allowed.
- During the terms of the consultancy, he/she shall not be engaged in-any private business or
professional activity which could conflict with the interest of the Government. The engagement
of Consultants is of a temporary (non-official) nature against the specific jobs.